Friday, October 9, 2009

Our First FULL Day as Mom and Son!

Friday, Oct. 9

Reflections on Day 1 with Hamilton (or Guang Guang)

1. He is hilarious. He has infectious laughter from deep in his belly.

2. He is very active!

3. He throws everything from balls, clothes, shoes, to food!! (we are working on that)

4. He talks nonstop in mandarin- I really wish I could understand him.

5. He eats a ton! More than Will and Betsy combined I bet. But mostly just watermelon and noodles so far. Thomas asked me if I cooked noodles at home. I think he was a little concerned that I would not feed him correctly.

6. He loves balls.

7. He hits and kicks everything, even faces. ( we will have to work on that too)

8. As a teacher, I am looking for any delays in development. We were told he would seem like a 2 year old. I think he acts like a typical 3 year old. I can tell he has been well loved. From pictures it is obvious that he was taken places and has lots of memories. I guess not the typical orphan baby. For Anna-- he makes most sounds. He does seem to eliminate the beginning and changes the endings, but this is English. I know I hear m, b, d, y, c, k,. His two top front teeth are misplaced, so I am not sure he is capable yet. He cannot suck from a straw. Also, I think there is likely still a hole in his pallet. Everything comes out of his nose at times, even watermelon juice.

9. Amy, he loves his Ni Hao Kai-lan book. It has been a big hit. Thank you!!

Well, to sum it up, he is adorable. He is happy and full of laughter. He seems to obey Thomas, but not me—hopefully just a language barrier. I really wish I could understand him.


Note from Hamilton's "Dear": Late yesterday afternoon I received an email from Kem to log in! So, I did and was so excited to Skype with Kem and Hamilton. He is just absolutely adorable. He was loving his picture on the computer (seeing it reflected in Skype) and loving me talking to him. I asked if he understood what I was saying and Kem immediately said, "not a single word" but is very fluent in mandarin. Oh well, he loved the sounds. He was laughing, squirming like any three year old, smiling, and just so happy. He is so full of love! Then, he gets off her lap and begins dancing to music from I guess the TV, don't know where the music came from. Kem said he had cuddled with her all night and had done so well. No crying, just so happy. Will and Betsy, he is going to adore you! Your family was special made to receive this precious brother and son:-) God's timing is always perfect!

You can so feel HIS plan in all of this. I get "goose bumps" and tears when I think about it too long. Please continue your prayers for all the family. There is still a long way to go before we have our family members in China back across the ocean here in the good old USA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment