Tuesday, October 20, 2009

From The Home Front

I thought I'd share briefly a little perspective from the home front. They have now been gone for 16 days, and return in 2, not that anyone is keeping track. They are 13 hours ahead of us here, so we've been able to skype with them usually twice per day. Once in the morning, and once in the evenings.

Will and Elizabeth have been real troopers. They have been adaptable, willing to jump in and help more, put things up without being asked multiple times (usually), have worked hard on their school work, and they have maintained great attitudes. They are really excited to officially welcome the newest Bennett into his new home.

2 major accomplishments:

1. Even though Kem left in the peak of the rush for the last week of Will and Elizabeth's grading period, neither saw their grades suffer, and Will even moved one of his classes up a letter grade.
2. I managed to make 2 critical phone calls today: first, I believe I've found where I can get some lamb for Hamilton's dinner on Thursday night. Secondly, I was able to locate someone to clean our house on Thursday before their arrival.

I believe we are now down to only one more "skype", which will be Wednesday morning for us and evening for them. Wednesday evening for us they will begin their journey home.

We appreciate everyone's interest in following their progress, and appreciate your prayers and encouragement along the way. Especially be praying for their trip home.

Sincerely, Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment