Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's Official!




Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today Guang Guang became a Bennett!

It rained all day so we slept until 10:00 this morning and then we played in the Swan Play room. At 2:45 we met many other families and rode a bus to the American Consulate. Guang Guang was so excited he fell asleep on the bus ride. Isn't he precious!! There I stood in a line and showed passport pictures to prove our identity. Then everyone in the room stood and took an oath saying that all information provided on the adopted child was true to the best of our knowledge. Now when he lands in Atlanta, he will be an American citizen. Isn’t that amazing!

They took our cameras, so there are no pictures. But we did take a couple on the front steps of the building. There is one of Thomas and Guang Guang.

Then we ate at Lucy’s again. It is by far the least expensive restaurant on the island. Guang Guang ate 6 lamb kabobs again!

We do not have many pictures or much to report today. We have on more day here and can not wait to be home. I am dreading the flight, though. Please pray we get bulkhead seats. That has still not been accomplished.

Thanks for your prayers,

Kem

Note: We are so excited to have Kem, Hamilton, and Beth return to us on Thursday! I feel sure the flight will take care of itself in regard to seating. I am going to focus my prayers on a safe flight for all and happy return to the USA! I also pray God will be with Hamilton as he begins his new life in this foreign country which will, of course, be his home. I pray Hamilton will feel God's love and the love of his family and numerous friends as he begins his new journey! Let' just rejoice in the fact God led this child and this family to be united and they are almost home:-) Counting down the hours now! Dear

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    I can't believe it! My students think he is so cute. Ashley R. says hi! He is a Bennett...that is unreal! I cannot wait for you and Hamilton to get home! Will and Elizabeth are so proud! You better get your Mandarin classes set up SOON so the battles will be few!!
    God is faithful!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kem,

    I'm so excited for you! I hope you continue to update your challenges and triumphs after your return home. What a wonderful story for Hamilton to read when he is older!

    Love,
    Kaye and Misha

    ReplyDelete