Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 4 in Beijing! The Big Day

Gotcha Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Today I meet Hamilton. Actually in about 45 minutes. I am so nervous. I have not slept in 2 nights. Our family and friends have been praying for him for a year and a half. It feels odd, awesome, amazing, miraculous, unbelievable, and scary all at the same time. Please pray for his attachment! Thomas, our guide says the babies generally cry for 3 or more days. That is so sad to me. I am reflecting on God’s love for us and our adoption by him. He offers us unconditional unfathomable love. I pray that Hamilton will feel that love from me while in China and Bill and me back in the states. I am also praying that God’s peace will surround Hamilton as he has left the only home he has ever known. That just seems so traumatic, but I know that God has called the Bennett family to this specific boy He will equip me to help Hamilton through the transition.

By the way, Laurie, Dad, and I just arrived in Huehhot, Inner Mongolia. Beth will be joining us on Saturday. I was nervous leaving her in Beijing. She and Tyler are adventuresome, so he better make sure she makes it to Inner Mongolia. They have several sites planned to see which include navigating the subway in Mandarin. Our hotel is beautiful, much nicer than in Beijing. So that is a plus. The smoke is still bad, though. I am praying continuously over my allergies. (I hope I am not offending anyone- just allergic.)

I will send another update tonight with pictures of our new baby.

Thank you for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. As I read about leaving the only home Hamilton has ever known and thinking about you bringing him into your "forever" home, it struck me the similarity we have with our heavenly father. Our time here on earth is merely a temporary home until we get the privilege of going to our forever heavenly home. We've been adopted into God's family and will too some day spend our days with him in our forever home just as you have adopted Hamilton and enveloping him into yours. It's quite the picture!

    See you guys soon.
    cf

    ReplyDelete